The Glory of God is in ME!


The Glory of God is in ME!

Hello friends and welcome back to another wonderful edition of Biblical studies.  I am going to discuss a personal revelation that came to me in my mind one day and want to share.  Again by all means I may not be 100% correct but this is how God has touched me and love to receive feedback on what you guys think as well. Today’s discussion….The Glory of God.

Now the subject in which I will be speaking, will be only the tip of the iceberg and as I study more I will further indulge into a more detailed account but for now I will go with what I do know.  I have heard a lot in my church lately and all through growing up in the church…”Glory be to God” or “Does this give Glory to God”  or of course the old Hymn classics such as “To God be the Glory”  and  “Glory to God in the Highest” These are classic sayings and hymns in any church that some may have grown up with.  Now what does the title of this discussion really mean? Well let me show you a little diagram in which I have pieced together.
                                               Me                                                                                                         
 All the Glory be to God!
The Glory of God is in Me!                God

Now what does this exactly mean.  Well let me break it down.  God is all powerful, all present, all knowing.  I mean he is our Creator and Savior right?  He is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit right.  Now I believe the Holy Spirit is what he left behind in each and everyone of us.  It is our God given right (another one of His Glories) to choose whether or not to accept his Holy Spirit and let it guide and direct us.  Obviously we must first accept that God created the Heavens and the Earth, and all habitation be in the form of the trees, water, animal, human, sun, moon, and stars.  Genesis 1 & 2  That’s where we can start from.  Some will have you believe that Evolution came in the start of the BIG BANG THEORY.  Ok my question is who created the ingredients to create a spark that went BANG.  And if we all evolved out of amoebas and organisms……who created those organisms?  GOD  is the only answer I can accept.  But then as we continue reading the BIBLE we come to and understanding that he sent His one and only Son to die for us on that cross and pay the ultimate price for our sins. John 3:16-“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”  Who does that???  My only acceptable answer is someone who loves us on a level that we can’t even begin to comprehend.  Yes we all have or will have children one day and would do anything in the world for them, including putting our life on the line so they may live a full and happy life.   Doesn’t even compare to the LOVE HE had for us.  I mean from the moment you were conceived he was forming you in your mothers womb---Jeramiah 1:5-"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."    And Galatians 1:15-“But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by his grace, was pleased”
Then there is the Holy Spirit………The very gift Jesus left behind with us before he took on His role as Savior.  John 14:15-31 “If you love me, keep my commandments. I will pray to the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, that he may be with you forever,--the Spirit of truth, whom the world can't receive; for it doesn't see him, neither knows him. You know him, for he lives with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans. I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world will see me no more; but you will see me. Because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. One who has my commandments, and keeps them, that person is one who loves me. One who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will reveal myself to him."
Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, "Lord, what has happened that you are about to reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?"
Jesus answered him, "If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him. He who doesn't love me doesn't keep my words. The word which you hear isn't mine, but the Father's who sent me. I have said these things to you, while still living with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and will remind you of all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful. You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I. Now I have told you before it happens so that, when it happens, you may believe. I will no more speak much with you, for the prince of the world comes, and he has nothing in me. But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father commanded me, even so I do. Arise, let us go from here.”
Pretty clear cut huh? 



Now there are 3 man reasons I say the Glory of God is in US.  Movement, Thoughts, and Mouth.  See He the Utmost Highest sent his Son to teach us how to get to Heavens Mercy Seat.  He gave us many words of wisdom, parables to compare our life’s situations. To generally be an example for Him.
(1.) Movement- He gave us life and the ability to do things that not all creatures have.  We can run, climb, grab, hold, sit, stand, lay down, sleep.  These are all part of God’s Glory he gives to us………
(2.) We have the ability to think for ourselves……….Remember God is a choice, it’s up to you whether or not you believe in Him and his works.  I think a part of Bruce Almighty summed it up pretty good. Bruce-"How do you make so many people love you without affecting Free Will?" He can’t because he loves us that much he give us the option.  I choose to love Him voluntarily as a HAVE TO feeling….because I WANT TO.
(3.) Mouth-He gave us the ability to communicate with one another and really have conversations about what?

Now here comes the fun part. How to we give Glory to God???  Obviously there are many ways but I’m going to touch on 3 major points for my little tip of the iceberg.
Movement, Thoughts, and Mouth.  Whaa whaa whaaa whaaaaaaaat? Yes those 3 major points of the the Glory of God in us, we in turn can give back to God His Glory.  How you may ask??? Well let me indulge……
(1.) Movement-This is where we as the church…….(one or more gathered in His name, not a building) need to be out in the streets, supermarkets, gas station, gym, school, work, play and showing God’s love and Glory to them. Preaching his word and trying to open up others minds and hearts to a connection to God.  We need to act as His physical body! He is no longer here so we need to take direction from the Holy Spirit-which is Him amongst our presence…..figure that one out.
(2.) Thoughts-We have to give God our thoughts and keep there pure, reflecting on Him and His word………You know he gave us a 66 book love letter to us to follow, read, and apply to our lives.  WE must constantly be in Remembrance of Him.
(3.)  Mouth-We must receive His word and apply it by opening our mouths of His glorious works in our lives…….sort of giving your testimony.  We must share our believes and read the ones who don’t know how, or don’t want to on their own.  I believe if we all spend at least and hour a day speaking to people about God’s love, He can do wonderful, miraclulous things! 

By doing these things we are essentially giving God the Glory.  Our lives and hearts and minds are not our own. He loaned them to us and we must take care of them ever so gently.  And be joyful in our praises and worships and celebrations in Him.  Obivousy these three things  can be joined together by other effort which sometimes can be a substructure for the mains points.  Let your Glory Shine back to Him.

Sing a new song, write a new poem, give a new lesson to someone new………and remember it’s not the people who are already in church that need the salvation……we’re there actively searching his word………..It’s the lost, poor, hungry, sick, naïve people who may not even know who God is and or choose to be hard headed in accepting him.  Share Him. Love Him and you neighbors equally! 
 
That’s it for this lecture I hope you found joy in this as I have thinking of this.  May God Bless You and remember I love you all my brothers and sisters in Christ.  And if you know anyone who may be lost seeking some answers, refer them to this website at http://geargrinde.blogspot.com/ and watch, and help them grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Fasting and Prayer

Angels Amongst Us

Truth behind the words!