The Importance of the Bible in Your Life TODAY!



I just wanted to say sorry to all my readers out there who haven't seen a post from me in quite some time. I have been going through some personal issues over the course of the last few years. But Thank God I'm in a better place, continuing to grow spiritually. I kind of had a downward spiral in the year 2013 after leaving my job in search of better opportunities. I guess you could say I got too confident in my spirituality and almost had the attitude of the Pharisee's. But after much needed discipline from my celestial Father, I am proud to say I'm back and more humble.  How did I do that. Well I got back to the basics of Christianity...........God's Word. I started reading the Bible more open heartedly rather than looking for key points to use in my evangelic mission. Kind of like you'd find in the bible in Jeremiah 15:16 NASB "Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts."

In the year 2014 I made a New Years Resolution. I made the resolution to read the entire Bible in that year.  I started my mission on January 1st, 2014 and am proud to say I kept that resolution by finishing on December 31st, 2014. I did it by following a One Year Bible reading plan from a bible app on my phone by Youversion.
 I highly recommend this app to anyone who always has their phones on them and yet get in situations where you can't whip out a Bible. Plus it keeps track of your reading process by putting a check mark next to that's day reading verses, as it gives you sections and verses to read to complete that day. And for all you social network freaks, you can sync it to your social media pages to tell others of your progress as well. Let me just say this, this simple action of syncing can be a small tool for your own evangelical mission. I have had multiple coworkers see my progress on Facebook and ask me about my progress or how to get hooked up with that.  It made my heart smile to know that as I'm trying to grow spiritually, others are inspired to do the same. You don't have to do this but as another verse in the bible I made it my theme.  Romans 1:16 NIV "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."

So here it is the year 2015 and I've been studying the Word of God and have been blessed to God speak to me through His Word. After making some new friends at my new job, I have shared my site with a few of them. One in particular has challenged me to get back in the game of writing. After all I was challenged by God I believe to do this after seeing a movie that was heavily centered around the blogging industry. Now I admit that it's not the greatest blog in history, but I feel it serves some purpose which in turn is a much bigger purpose.......God's Evangelism. We are called to evangelize and spread the good news. Mark 16:15-16 ESV "And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

So what is the Bible? The bible as I was taught a cute little acronym when I was little is as follows.

B.asic
I.nstructions
B.efore
L.eaving
E.arth

Now I don't know about you, but I have received many instructions on how I should go about living my life through the Bible. The basic common knowledge ones would be 1.) The Ten Commandments 2.)The Beatitudes 3.)The Parables.  But there are also hidden messages within this 66 book love letter from God.  He shows us His wrath and anger when we deliberately disobey him, and the consequences to come. He shows us compassion for those who may be less fortunate than us. He shows us the true meaning of the word Love. God's Word is life. This All in One book (66 books to be exact, gathered in 1) It's our weapon of choice when everything in life seems against us, its our comforter when we feel scared, its our love letter when we feel unloved.  Why is it all these things??? Because it's a direct connection to God and His will for us. I say His will because that's the beauty of God. We have all the power in choosing to follow Him or not to follow Him. I hear many athiests and other religions talk about us being sheep with blinders and being led along. I have to disagree. We choose to follow someone who created us and will lead us to Glory when we physically die. Notice the keyword there? WE CHOOSE.  God can convict us, throw warnings, and a multitude of other things to gather our attention, but if we choose to ignore, we can, if we choose not to believe, we can.  God will never MAKE you a follower. It is His will for us to follow, but he did not make us ROBOTS. What makes us ROBOTS is choosing to follow the ways and pleasures of the world. That is where ROBOTS are made. God made man, man made robots. And guess what.....it is shown countless times in the Bible that very fact. But many people read the Bible as one singular book, or a story.  The Bible is not just some ordinary book. The Bible is relational to every man, woman, race, ethnic, language on a deeper personal level. Statiscs for you truth seekers, prove the Bible is the all time best seller, most read, oldest book. Oprah herself can push a single book herself to top the numbers the Bible has. Why because the Bible is the very Word of God breathed from His mouth, through the inspiration by men chosen by God to be co-authors. I challenge you today to go pick yourself up a copy. I suggest for translationally correct the King James Version (KJV), or for more modern language styles the New King James Version (NKJV), or New American Standard Bible (NASB).  Pray to God to open up your heart and mind to His Word and voice through the pages in His book so that you may understand the message He wants you to hear. Do this with a sincere heart, not some heart of lets just see if this works, and you'll be astounded, fearful, amazed, of the whole essence of God. I am praying for all who see this and may be going through some things, some who want a better understanding, some who just look to a fellow brother for his thoughts. I am continually growing spiritually till the day I day. As Paul said 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 ESV "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." So that we may finish the race as he also said 2 Timothy 4:7-9 ESV "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. Do your best to come to me soon." May we all grow in our relationships with Jesus Christ. God is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever. Hence why the Bible is just as important in your life today as it was being lived and recorded then. Remember God loves you and I love you and that's the way it should be.

As always I would love questions, comments, prayer requests from any and all. To God be the Glory as I am just a servant of Him.

gods.firechild@gmail.com


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Fasting and Prayer

Angels Amongst Us

Truth behind the words!